Jio Fiber in the Bangalore Telecom Industry
It is sufficed to say that Jio has completely revolutionized the telecom industry. It introduced the internet calling facilities (VOLTE) along with internet packages that were way cheaper than of its competition.
Although Jio is now levying an IUC charge of 0.6p/min, for the sake of this review we will be focusing on the company’s prime days.
Although Jio was soft-launched in 2015, Jio Fiber was introduced in the market 4 years later in the month of September. It boasts high-speed connectivity along with special perks for first-time subscribers such as Gaming and Device security, TV video calling, and Home Networking.
However, the preview offer has run its course. So if you want to use Jio Fiber you will have to subscribe to a paid plan; no more special parks. Now that we are done with the Overview, let’s jump into the juicy details.
Plans Overview in Bangalore
All Jio Fiber plan holders will get access to free voice calling with the best clarity, premium content, and on-demand TV. Annual subscribers will also receive a 4K set-top box. And as for your gaming sessions, Jio Fiber offers Zero-latency gaming experience for up to 5 devices.
Other facilities include:
- Complimentary access to Jio Cinema and Jio Saavan App for 3 months. (Rs. 699 onwards)
- Speed up to 1 Gbps
- Access to video entertainment apps (Rs.899 onwards)
TV video calling
- Norton security services for up to 5 devices
- Other premium content, Diamond plan onwards
Area eligible for Jio Fiber in Bangalore
Here is a list of places which have access to Jio Fiber:
- Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum
- Lal Bagh
- Karnataka Court
- Commercial Street
- Kanakapura Road
List of places eligible for Jio Fiber but haven’t got it yet:
- Bangalore Fort
- Fun World
- Cubbon Park
- Vidhana Soudha
- Innovative Film City
There is a list of places that are still under development but no detail hasn’t been released as of yet.
Jio Fiber Plans
- Bronze Plan – Rs. 699 – 100Mbps – 100GB + 50 GB Extra
- Silver Plan – Rs. 849 – 100Mbps – 200GB + 200 GB Extra
- Gold Plan – Rs. 1,299 – 250 Mbps – 500 GB + 250 GB Extra
- Diamond Plan – Rs. 2,499 – 500 Mbps – 1250 GB + 250 GB Extra
- Platinum Plan – Rs. 3,999 – 1Gbps – 2500 GB
- Titanium Plan – Rs. 8,499 – 1Gbps – 5000 GB
How to Apply for Jio Fiber in Bangalore
In order to subscribe to Jio Fiber go through the following steps:
- Visit https://www.jio.com/fiber/en-in/book-now
- If you’re a first time user choose the ‘Get Started Option’ and if you want to upgrade to a higher plan choose ‘Upgrade’
- The website will automatically detect your location, however, don’t rely on it if you’re on PC. Enter your address manually or select one from the drop-down list.
- After selecting your address, enter your name and mobile number and hit Submit.
- Once your registration is complete, Jio authorities will get back to you via text message or call regarding future follow-ups regarding the Jio Fiber set up in your area.
If you have any queries you can call Jio customer care @ 1800-896-9999
Visit them at
01, HRBR Layout 1st Block,
Bank Avenue Colony, Kalyan Nagar,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560043